Well after some quick panicing and then lots of fiddling i've got my post from last night to now display.... *phew*
I came online to check out (admire) my blog today and realised that my last blog entry from last night was missing. This of course caused immediate panic as it contained information and results that i really didn't want to redo. Once the initial panic died down and the reasoning started to enter i remember reading at the bottom of this entry screen continually "now blogger saves your drafts automatically" so i knew that at least "most" of last nights efforts would be out there in cyber space somewhere and i just had to find them.
First i logged in to the blogger website and found the "manage posts" section and saw that two posts had the options of edit and view whereas the third post could only be edited. Ah ha - the elusive post had been found. I then did a quick check and found that i had lost some initial foratting so i went through and fixed this up and then published. After viewing the post however some of the copy/pasted information had gone haywire! I had no idea how to fix this! I decided to click the scary button of Edit Html to see if i could see here what was going wrong. I am not a html expert by any means but can read and have a vague understand of the tags and see what is happening. For some reason this body of text had an extra "size" tag. Firstly i was going to manually go through and remove these tags, but then i remember that there was a "remove formatting from selection" button in the compose view so i used this to totally clear the formatting and thus the offending tags. I then reformatted and previewed my text again.
The size issue had been repaired, but now the text was skipping some "enters". I went through then and deleted and pressed enter at the end of each line in hope it would make this enter register to the computer and finally after some fiddling around my post is now there and looking its beautiful self.
This i realised was the perfect opportunity to log some problems and learning experiences so here i am!
I have been using colour coding for all my copy/pasted information so far purely to make it stand out as separate from my own writing but now to formalise this a little more...
red: written quotes from online sources
purple: questions from the modules
green: results
Think this is all i'm using!
Signing out for now, Kellie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment