Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Module 1

Today i started working on Module 1 activities.

Firstly i worked out that my computer did in fact have telnet already installed and after a false start (opened up the telnet window without any server address) i got myself hooked in to the library catalogue menu. This was then emailed to my student email account easily.

I have a feeling that i have used telnet before but can't remember when. I did use many computer and internet features with my first IT degree attempt however so figure it is flashes of this coming back to me.

I then downloaded the trial version of the Ipswitch WS_FTP FTP Client. Being lazy i bipassed the manuals to begin with to see if logic would work it out and i was very quickly the curtin recall server. My only hiccup here was with the login but on second attempt i work out that by typing annoymous into the login and bypassing the password i had access.

I originally looked briefly for some type of file search engine, but before i had looked into the option further i had found the needed file and discovered the missing word.

**spoiler here - highlight to see**

CAPITILIZATION

**end spoiler**

Will be back later to complete the final part of the Module 1 questions that are meant for the log. Just wanted to have everything written down while it was fresh for later reference.

Bel (Kellie)

**Everyone needs a good online pseudonym!**

1 comment:

Mya said...

wow! Kellie this is really v good. It's well organised (the colour coding is a cool idea)It's easy to understand. I got a sense of the progress you're making as I read thru each entry. You've set the bar really high. Well done!
Mya