Tuesday, February 19, 2008

P2P - Kazaa

For further research for my assignment i decided to not just talk about p2p, but download the software to see how it works so i can test that it works like i picture it in my head.

I have to say that i have been very disappointed. Downloading the software was no major dramas, but then i had to connect the program. This took over 20mins (not sure exactly how long as i had to leave the computer connecting!). Then i tried performing a search - after leaving it search for over 30 mins i had to cancel this as well and still had no search results.

Overall i was VERY disappointed in this result.

I forsaw p2p as a great way of sharing knowledge between like minded people, and i guess it really is about sharing music and movies instead.....and very limited files.

I don't believe i was doing anything wrong, but hopefully this is something that gets improved in the future! Will look further into internet2 though before making my final conclusion on my experience with p2p.

No comments: